Composition: Hand dyed wool and cotton
Size: 122 x 183 cm (48 x 72 inches)
- Hand embroidered/chain-stitched
- All natural fibres – embroidered wool on cotton canvas
- Fair Trade certified
- Limited edition – individually numbered
- Certificate of Authenticity supplied with each kilim
- Royalties paid to the artist/family on every sale
- Hard wearing
- Back has non-slip surface
- Each kilim has flap on the rear for ease of hanging with dowel/rod
- Matching cushion covers are also available
Chain-stitched kilims are a traditional rug making technique from Kashmir. As people sat on the floor they were both homewares and decoration. As many artworks are painted on the ground or 3D surfaces/bodies most of the images do not have a set orientation so can also be hung portrait or landscape if preferred.
Artist: Valda Napangardi Granites
About the design: Dreaming
Do not put place/use in direct sunlight or colors may fade. Dry cleaning recommended. Can be ironed gently on the front of the rug using a steam wool setting or a steamer.
About the Better World Arts chainstitch kilim products
These beautiful, unique textiles are a cross-cultural collaboration combining Aboriginal designs and traditional Kashmiri rug-making techniques. Chain stitched, using hand dyed wool, each is a completely handmade piece. A more empowering way to work, this brings many direct benefits to the artists’ and their community. Control and ownership of intellectual property are also maintained. Purchase of these products guarantees a direct return to the Aboriginal artist and their community.
There are no reviews yet.