Feature fabric is cotton.
- W: 35 cm (13.75 inches)
- H: 36 cm (14 inches)
- D: 9 cm (3.5 inches)
- Fully lined
- Adjustable strap
- Can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody
- Two external zip pockets on front
- Internal zip pocket
- Zip pocket on reverse of the bag
- Oval base
- Limited edition (only 5 were made)
- Made with vintage fabric (more than 30 years old)
- Beautiful detailing in construction
- Fabric hand printed in Australia
- Matching fabric is handwoven cotton 80% and silk 20%
The fabric was hand-printed by Tiwi Aboriginal artisans. It was then taken to Cambodia and beautifully crafted into a bag by our fair trade partner, Villageworks. Villageworks is a social enterprise that employs, trains and supports disabled artisans.
Please note that each bag is unique and the placement of the fabric design is different and wonderful on each item.
Designer: Giovanni Tipungwuti
Tiwi Design: has been printing textiles since the early 1980’s. The purpose built textile printing workshop is run by Osmond Kantilla, a master printer with over 20 years practical experience of printing textiles at Tiwi Design along with his assistant Alan Kerinauia. Tiwi Design currently has three 13 metre long tables which are used to hand silkscreen print the textiles, t-shirts and t-towels. We have a commercial oven in which to cook the fabric and set the water based inks.